Contact us

+34 96 649 3762

Send us an email!

Contact details:


Your message has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Home insurance Quote

Your house:

Contact details:

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Travel insurance Quote

Contact details:


Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Life insurance Quote

Level of protection:

Contact details:

Have you used tobacco or nicotine products in the last 12 months?

Yes, I have No, I have not
Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Motor insurance Quote

Contact details:

Your car:

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Health insurance Quote

About you:

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.

Miscellaneous insurance Quote

Your Quote Form has been sent successfully. Close this notice.
5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Do you need Life Insurance ?

Not everyone needs life insurance But if your children, partner or other relatives depend on your income to cover the mortgage or other living expenses, then the answer is yes – you probably do want life insurance, since it will help provide for your family in the event of your death.

The key reason to take out life assurance is so that the income you provide for others is maintained. An adequate level of life insurance is designed to provide financial support for surviving dependants on the death of the policyholder. Being an expat and making a living in Spain is harder than many other countries and your dependants may not have the same financial skills, capabilities or qualifications as you. Would they be able to continue living in Spain or would they need to return to their home country if you were not providing the main source of income for your family?

Any outstanding debts you have will also most likely be paid off in full, these include probably your biggest debt – your mortgage but also any credit card debts and other loans. If you have a partner, family or business partner who would suffer financially when you die then consider life insurance to clear your obligations, debts and to provide a cash lump sum to alleviate any possible financial distress.

It seems that finding the right expat life insurance in Spain is even more important than you think. We want to help you protect yourself and your loved ones by choosing the perfect life insurance policy.

There are several reasons to rely on life insurance for expats in Spain. You can be sure that you and your loved ones are protected from unforeseen events.

For more information contact us on 966 493 762/ 660 751 073 or send us a contact request and we can go through all of the questions you may have.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Buildings And Contents

It doesn’t matter whether you live in a one-bedroom flat or a five-bedroom detached house, your home is no doubt your castle. So it’s important to make sure that you have the right protection in place in case something should go wrong.

What if there was a fire or the roof was damaged in a storm? Would you be able to pay for the repairs? And where would you live if your house was uninhabitable? Your home also contains some of your most valuable possessions. Could you afford to replace your flat screen TV or your jewellery collection if you were the target of burglars?

What does buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home, so the roof, walls and windows. It also includes the permanent fixtures, such as the fitted kitchen and the bathroom suite. Buildings insurance policies vary, but they should all insure your home in case of fire, storm, flood, subsidence, burst pipes, theft and falling trees.

Most insurers offer extra cover if you need it, though you will normally have to pay an additional premium. Accidental damage is one of the most popular policy add-ons.

Counting the cost of contents:

You don’t just need to insure the structure of your home; you also need to insure its contents against loss or damage caused by theft, fire, storms, lightning, flooding or other water leakage, as well as explosions or earthquakes.

The contents of your home might be more valuable than you think. And it is important to get the figure right so that your insurance will pay out in the event of a claim. The best way to make sure you have adequate cover is to walk round your house room by room and make an inventory of your possessions.

It is also important to declare any high valuable objects as in General policies have a limit on single articles without being declared.


Our policies are very complete but you can also add cover if required, a few examples would be:

  • Accidental damage cover For contents / Buildings
  • Increased Public Liability Cover
  • ¨Dangerous¨ Dog liability cover
  • All risk cover for declared objects/ jewellery

The list goes on, we can gladly go through this when we go through the quote process 😊.

Do you want to protect your Spanish home from threats such as damage and break-ins? We can advise you how to get house insurance in Spain and get protection.

Spain is a popular destination for expats and many people are attracted by its warm climate and good quality of life. However, so that your dream of living in the sun does not go astray you should think about protecting yourself from dangers such as fire or burglary.

Buildings and Contents Insurance is a comprehensive insurance policy that provides coverage for both the physical structure of a property and the belongings inside it. This type of insurance is essential for homeowners in Spain as it offers financial protection against a wide range of risks, including fire, theft, natural disasters, and accidental damage. By combining coverage for the building and its contents, homeowners can ensure that their property and possessions are adequately protected.

Finding the best home insurance in Spain is crucial for homeowners who want to secure the most comprehensive coverage at competitive rates. With numerous insurance providers in the market, it is important to compare policies and consider factors such as coverage limits, deductibles, and additional benefits. The best home insurance in Spain will offer a balance between comprehensive coverage and affordability, ensuring that homeowners have peace of mind knowing their property is well-protected.

Home and Contents Insurance is a type of insurance policy that combines coverage for both the physical structure of a property and the personal belongings inside it. This comprehensive insurance provides financial protection against risks such as fire, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. By bundling coverage for the home and its contents, homeowners can simplify their insurance coverage and ensure that they are adequately protected against potential losses.

Spanish House Insurance is specifically designed to meet the insurance needs of homeowners in Spain. This type of insurance provides coverage for the structure of the house, as well as the contents inside it. Spanish House Insurance offers protection against risks such as fire, theft, and natural disasters, ensuring that homeowners can recover financially in the event of a loss or damage to their property.

Home Insurance in Spain is a crucial investment for homeowners. This insurance policy provides coverage for the physical structure of the home, including the walls, roof, and fixtures. It also offers protection for personal belongings inside the home, such as furniture, appliances, and electronics. Home Insurance in Spain provides financial security and peace of mind, allowing homeowners to protect their most valuable asset against unforeseen events and risks.

House Insurance in Spain is a type of insurance policy that provides coverage for residential properties. This insurance protects homeowners from financial losses due to damage or destruction of their house and its contents. House Insurance in Spain typically covers risks such as fire, theft, natural disasters, and liability claims. By having this insurance coverage, homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that their property is protected against potential risks.

House Insurance Spain refers to the insurance policies available for residential properties in Spain. This type of insurance provides coverage for the structure of the house, as well as the contents inside it. House Insurance Spain offers protection against risks such as fire, theft, and natural disasters, ensuring that homeowners can recover financially in the event of a loss or damage to their property.

Any queries or quotes please just contact us through our Website or phone us on 966 493 762 or 660 417 933.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Vehicle accident in Spain? Here is our simple Guideline to make the claim go as smoothly as possible.

Many people who live in Spain take a lot of time when it comes to getting quotations to find cheap car insurance but very few people consider what might happen if they actually have an accident or collision with another car or other motor vehicle.

At this point your Spanish car insurance and what you are covered for becomes critical. In this article we look at the basic steps you should take with the other party should you have a car or motor accident in Spain.

How serious is the accident?

Should you be involved in a serious accident in Spain it is wise to immediately call 112 for both the police and an ambulance should it be required.

If the Damage is only Material?

If no Medical assistance is required you need to check your glove compartment ( one of the few times you will actually open it) and inside your policy pack or documentation you will find a claim form,  if for some reason you do not have one don’t panic as the other vehicle involved should. If not simply gather as much information as possible ( Pictures, third party details and insurance details, position of the vehicle… etc )

Only once the claim form is filled in and you agree with it sign it and keep one copy for yourself and the other is for the third party involved.

If  at any point you do not feel happy with the situation or feel intimidated as some people react differently to stressful situations just phone the police and they will handle everything.

If the vehicle is not driveable you only have to phone the Breakdown number and they will send the Grua promptly and take your vehicle to the destination you give them, we highly recommend sending the vehicle to the Garage you would like the assessment and repairs to be carried out at.

What next?

If you own a car, you should consider car insurance in Spain which comes with comprehensive coverage.

Fully comprehensive car insurance in Spain gives you extra peace of mind when insuring your vehicle. This type of insurance covers your liability and also protects your vehicle.

The cheapest cover available is third party car insurance in Spain, this protects a third party in the event of a claim.

All you have to do after this is contact us and we will organize everything with the insurance company for you and keep you updated on the claims process.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

The Importance of Travel Insurance

In this day and age it is one of the most vital insurance products you could contract for peace of mind as many of you will have seen over recent months, things like the weather are getting more unpredictable and that holiday you booked and have really been looking forward to could be disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances.

In fact, there could be many different reasons (illness, family member loss, strikes) you end up not being able to head off on that trip you planned. Of course, we hope that never happens but we all probably know at least one person that has had to cancel a trip at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances.

We also probably all know someone that has had their luggage mislaid on route too. Most of the time it is located and sent on to your destination, but sometimes it simply has got lost or when it does turn up it is damaged.

We cannot guarantee that this will not happen to you, but we can at least give you the peace of mind that taking out travel insurance will provide you with varying levels of cover either for a single trip or for Annual multi trips which is what we would normally advise to go for as we can give you additional discount and it covers trips in Spain (more than 2 consecutive days) and also does not have any limit on the amount of trips per year with the standard policy including 17 days per trip which can be increased up to 90 days per trip. Long term trips can also be covered.

All of the policies include Medical expenses, cancellation cover and Personal effects + Baggage cover, with all of these covers having the option to be increased or removed to accommodate each individual.

Pre-existing Medical conditions can also be declared and covered if necessary.

Don’t leave your trip to trust and hope, relax in the knowledge that you have the best and right travel insurance cover in place.

Spain travel insurance is a type of medical insurance that covers all types of medical emergencies during your stay in Spain. Spain travel insurance means having a backup plan in case of a medical emergency, so all travelers are advised to take out Spain travel insurance.

If you move to Spain to study, work or for a longer stay of more than 180 days, you must take out health insurance in Spain. Travel insurance is available for single trips, multiple trips and annual trips

Find out more about travel insurance by contacting us either via phone or email and we will gladly go through some quotes with you.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Travel Insurance Claims – Information and Tips

You’re on holiday, having a fabulous time, nice and relaxed when something happens and you are going to need to claim on your Travel Insurance. Now most of us have never had to do this, so are not sure what to do. Below are some tips and information to help.

Make sure that you take the insurance document with you. This will give you the contact details in case of emergency and your policy number, which you will need if contacting the insurers.

Medical Attention – If it is a doctor/dentist visit for something minor, but that cannot wait until you get home, find a suitable practitioner and book an appointment. Usually you will need to pay for the consultation/medication and claim the fees back. Keep ALL receipts and get copies of doctors/dentist reports.

Urgent/Emergency Medical Treatment – If the situation is serious and you are taken to hospital you will need to phone the insurance company or get someone to phone for you and advise them of the situation. The insurers will normally liaise with the hospital directly once they are advised and you won’t need to make upfront payments.

Thefts – Immediately you discover a theft, whether it be in the airport, on the aircraft, in a hotel or in the street make notes. In the airport, on the aircraft or hotel report the theft to them as soon as you can and obtain a document to show you reported it and they investigated. You will also need to make a report to the police and obtain a report from them. In the street, go straight to the police. If you need emergency replacement items i.e. clothes, toiletries, medication etc, make sure you keep receipts.

Cancellation – Depending on the reason will depend on the documentation needed. No company will cover you because you change your mind. If it is due to a medical condition, they will want a doctors report. If it is due to your holiday being cancelled by the tour operator, they will want a report saying why. In addition, you will need proof of how much you have paid so far and proof that the tour company for instance, are not accepting liability and paying you out.

It might seem a bit onerous when all you want to do is relax, but a little time and effort spend whilst you are in the situation will save a lot of problems later. With the levels of fraudulent claims in the insurance sector at an all time high, many companies are now requiring more documentation and information to try and stop fraud, which at the end of the day increases costs for all of us.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Have You Got Your Future Planned?

Whilst it is a documented fact that we are all now living longer and enjoying life more, at some point we are all going to need to plan for the future, for our families that unfortunately we won’t be part of anymore.

Most of us put off planning for the inevitable, as whilst we might be advancing in years we still feel 21 and don’t want to have to think about this difficult subject. A little planning ahead now could assist those you leave behind in so many ways.

Funeral planning is one of the first steps. Whether you are a person who wants something quiet and dignified or loud, pink and fluffy it is so much easier on your relatives if you have either a pre-paid funeral plan or funeral insurance in place in advance. This will take some of the upset and concern about money away, at such a stressful time and make life easier for them.

In addition, what about inheritance tax and financial planning?  You might know who you want to inherit your worldly goods, but have you considered the taxes and legal fees that they might incur during this process? There might things that you can do now that will reduce their costs in the future.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Accident Season

It’s that time of year again where the roads get busier with visitors who may or may not have quite the understanding of driving in Spain that you would like to think, with an unfortunate consequence that traffic accidents increase.

We have written articles before on what to do in case of an accident i.e. get the accident form completed and signed, take photos of damage to both vehicles and the other vehicles registration number, get a police report if necessary and visit the doctor to report any injuries, all useful information and necessary to get your claim opened and in processing. 

What you need to take care over is filling out and signing the accident form (DAA). This is the document that the insurance company are going to take notice of over any other evidence you may have, apart from the police report. If you allow the other party to complete it for you, make sure that you understand what they have written before you consider signing the form. If you are not happy with what they have written then change it. If you don’t understand what they have written don’t sign it. 

As with all documents, if you sign it and you don’t understand it, it could cost you. In this case your no claims bonus and an increase in your insurance premium at renewal. 

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Selling Your Spanish Registered Car

This topic has come up several times with clients recently. They thought they had sold their car and received a sale contract so it was no longer their responsibility, only to find that they still receive tax (Suma) bills and fines for the vehicle some time on.  So what should you do when you sell?

Whether you are selling your car privately or through a garage as a part exchange, you need to make sure that the documentation is arranged so that ownership is changed to the new owner. 

If you are selling privately, then ask the purchaser to provide you with a copy of the justificante to show that the paperwork is in processing, or accompany them to their gestor office or trafico to make sure, though this is not always practical.

If you are part exchanging or selling through a garage, check their policy on changing ownership when you first start to discuss a deal with them. Some garages change the ownership immediately, but as this has a cost to it, some will wait until they have a purchaser for your old vehicle and then do the change of ownership. Whilst the vehicle maybe sat on their premises and not out and about, whilst you are listed at Trafico as the owner, you are held responsible for the vehicle. Ask for a copy of the justificante. 

In order for the documents to be changed the purchaser will need a copy of your NIE or Residencia document amongst others. If they don’t ask for this then you can be sure that the transfer probably isn’t going happen.

We would always advise clients not to cancel their insurance until they are sure that the transfer is in processing and they have some proof. Most Spanish insurance companies now want to see proof that the ownership has changed to cancel the policy. 

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Travel Insurance – Can we help?

I think we can all agree that so far Autumn and the start of Winter here in Spain have been warmer than expected and long may it last. However, I am sure that some of you are already looking to book a cruise or long stay trip somewhere in warmer climes, anticipating the drop in temperature here as Winter progresses.

Whatever your travel plans we can help with your travel insurance. Cruising, long stay travelling, year out back packing, family skiing, Europe or Worldwide cover, not a problem.

We can offer trip travel policies for persons of any age and look at cover for pre-existing medical conditions.

If the cost of your trip is in excess of the standard value covered for cancellation, we can offer an extension to the cover for you with our policy.

Young travellers off back packing or taking a year out to see the world can be covered for long term travel. We can also include cover for course fees if you decide to study abroad.

We often get asked if our travel policies will cover a cruise. Yes of course. Our standard policies are designed to cover as many eventualities as possible, with some additional add on elements, like winter sports.

Thinking of booking your trips? Contact us to see what our travel insurance can offer you, at competitive prices too.

Read more

5 years ago ·by ·0 comments

Vehicle Accident Forms – Do You Know How To Complete It?

We all live in the hope that we won’t have an accident whilst out and about driving, but unfortunately it is likely that at some point during our driving life an accident will befall us, whether our fault or someone else’s.  If this happens do you know how to complete the Accident Statement or Declaración de Amistosa Accidente?

It is important that both parties complete the form with as many details as you can and sign it. That said, if you don’t understand what you are signing, then try to obtain assistance. The contents of this document will be used by the insurance company to assess culpability.  Whilst person B might stand in front of you admitting liability, that might not be what they put on the form and you might end up being held liable and losing your no claims bonus for something that you didn’t do.

If the police are called, again make sure the the information on the form is correct before you sign and ask for the policeman’s details. They might be useful later on if there is a conflict of version of events.

Some companies will only accept the Spanish version of the form. If you have only got a Spanish version, obtain one in English so that you can check when filling the form out what the Spanish means.

Make sure you tick all the boxes and make a drawing of the events, carefully marking vehicle A and B.

You get 7 days to present the documentation to your insurance company or agent. After this time, be assured you will be contacted if person B has started the process before you.

The DGT have recently carried out a very small survey of drivers and discovered that only 4% knew how to complete the form properly.

We are here to offer you help and and advice, as well as provide for all your insurance needs.

Read more

Where we are

Dragon Insurance
Calle Mercado 22 bajo
03726 Benitachell

Contact details

E-mail address:
[email protected]

Tel: +34 96 649 3762
Mob: +34 660 417 933
: +34 660 417 933
Mob: +34 660 751 073
: +34 660 751 073

Open: Monday to Friday - 09.00 - 14.30

Pin It on Pinterest